Below is a brief description about the sections of cover that can be incorporated into a standard Office Insurance package

Fire & Perils /Accidental Damage

Covers your physical assets (buildings; stock; contents) against loss or damage by certain physical events such as fire; water; malicious or accidental damage; storm & tempest and the like.

Business Interruption (BI)

Similar to Business Interruption covers under a normal Businesspak Insurance policy, this (BI) section of cover pays for any profits lost by the business when it has been unable to trade due to loss or damage,from the kind of events covered by the policy. The cover can also include wages and other out of pocket expenses.

However, many professional offices may be able to just move into a new office quickly, following damage to their existing premises, often without a loss in turnover. That is why under a Professional Office’s Insurance package you have the option to simply insure for the ‘Increased Cost of Working’ that is incurred by having to set up office at a different premises.

This option can minimize your insurance premiums while giving you the access to the funds needed to maintain your workflow and importantly your cash flow!

Public & Products Liability (also known as Broadform Liability)

Covers your legal liability to third parties for personal injury or damage to their property if you are held to be negligent at common law, arising out of your business or your products.


Pays up to whatever amount you nominate in the policy against the event of Burglary / Theft of your physical assets from your premises.


Pays up to whatever limit you nominate in the policy against Theft of Money either in Transit, or stolen from your nominated premises.


Covers glass at your premises against damage necessitating replacement,

Computer & Electronic Equipment

Pays for the cost of repair of your computers and electronic equipment, including software following in the event of a computer breakdown. It also includes cover for Restoration of Lost Data.

Machinery Breakdown

Pays for the repair or replacement of your machinery following breakdown whether mechanical or electrical. You can also extend the cover to include ‘Spoilage’ of foodstuffs following breakdown.

Mobile Plant & Equipment / Portable Property

Covers nominated Registered and Unregistered Plant & Equipment, against loss or damage, anywhere in Australia.

Property in Transit

Covers Stock whilst in transit, (road, rail or air), up to a nominated ‘limit any one event’.

Professional Indemnity

For businesses providing professional advice or service, this pays for legal liability for financial loss alleged by third parties, as a direct result of reliance upon your professional advice or service.

Any advice or recommendation that may have been implied is General Advice only. Please be aware that we have not taken into consideration your needs, objective or financial requirements. Before deciding to purchase a financial product, you should read the Product Disclosure Statement to ensure the product is suitable for your needs.